Friday, February 2

The Wait

I have surprised myself this time. This is my 2nd post within 2 days.

Is it being 30? Is it catharsis? Doesn't matter...

I had an interesting thought today, writing a story or a poem must be like having a child.

The moment its out, you rush to count if it has all ten fingers & toes.

The wait

The Universe between us
stands unlived…
an angrily read book
groans in pain
At a distance
A black fish
searches for food
And a lost mate
In a watery slippery fishbowl

Two stumbled souls
Thrown off from
Unkempt mornings
Arrogant evenings
Met in a fishbowl
Swam & Search
Search & Swam
Together
Dreamt to
Swim in a sea
Away from the bowl

Much later
They would
When their gills
Would be strong
To break the glass
And when, they can
Take the journey
Also before
They grow old

Not far off from
The fishbowl
Sat two planets.
They were changing orbits
For another cosmic dance
Apologetic, Scared
Sad.
Also Lost.

3 comments:

shikha said...

"Not far off from
The fishbowl
Sat two planets.
They were changing orbits
For another cosmic dance
Apologetic, Scared
Sad.
Also Lost."


We "need" to keep changing planets...

The feeling of apology,Sadness and the lost feeling gives way to more life, greater freedom and a different perspective-of the past and the present:)

Yuva said...

The Wait.. hm, reminds me Russell Kelfer's words:

Desperately, helplessly, longingly, I cried;
Quietly, patiently, lovingly, God replied.
I pled and I wept for a clue to my fate.
and the Master so gently said,Wait.
...
...
be silent, my child, and in time you will see
that the greatest of gifts is to truly know me.
And though oft My answers seem terribly late,
My most precious answer of all is still "WAIT".

Anonymous said...

hey why do i get the feeling that there is a lot you wanna say, but????????
May be we are in the same boat. let me guess boyfriend problem? or just broken up?
I came lookin for someone who has a similar life?
jo har roz kisi havan main jal rahi hain I 'd love to talk to you may be even hear you out if you wanna be my net buddy do write to me on anamikachopra2@gmail.com even if u dont want to mail me yaar