Saturday, April 18

The Escaped Naxal talks to his brother in US

I heard from you after a long time
You live across the coast now
You are living it big
Making money and
You remember nothing of it

All those talk of revolution
The big words, the small steps
We promised to walk
Till light shone, though
You remember nothing of it

Its not the same anymore
I know it in your voice
Sometimes there’s a spark
the fire’s gone, though
You remember nothing of it

Our brothers called from home
They said the
World was changing
We ought to be home, though
You remember nothing of it

They said there is food
In the kitchen
And sun streams
in our portico, though
You remember nothing of it

Life’s been hard to me
I have to do a job now
Bullets spared the words
And the poets are free, of course
You remember nothing of it

I will wait for you
To live the
“Yes, we can” dream
And come home, though
You remember nothing of it

1 comment:

Amitabh said...

I think some of your blog posts are damn good. I am blog rolling you. If thats not okay with you let me know.

The picassa album is interesting as well.